Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering
Holder of George Armistead ‘23 Faculty Fellowship
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843
Process safety in fire and explosion
Process resilience, risk and reliability
Flame retardant polymers
Soft matter for safety and sustainability
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2010
- M.S. Physical Chemistry, Zhejiang University, 2005
- B.S. Chemistry, Zhejiang University, 2003
- First holder of Dale F. Janes Endowed Professorship, September 2015
- Halliburton Outstanding Young Faculty, May 2015
- Big 12 Faculty Fellow, May 2012
- Texas A&M Office of Graduate Studies Research and Presentation Grant, August 2009
- Phi Lambda Upsilon (PLU) Honor Society Travel Awards, June 2009
- Texas A&M Chemical Engineering Department Lamiya Zahin Safety Scholarship, October 2008
He has been a faculty member at OSU since 2010 and moved to TAMU in 2019. He spent three years in Chemical Engineering Department with Dr. M. S. Mannan and two years in Chemistry Department with Dr. F. A. Cotton, both at TAMU, from 2005 to 2010.
- F. Li, W. Wang, B. Wang, Q. Wang, “Vulnerability assessment of urban buried gas pipeline network based on support vector machine”, Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 2019, 122, 23-32.
- R. Shen, Q. Liu, H. Park, Q. Wang, “A new method to calculate adiabatic surface temperature using plate thermometer in an ambient condition”, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2019, 149, 306-311.
- X. Zheng, K. Xu, Y. Wang, R. Shen, Q. Wang, “Study of hydrogen explosion control measures by using l-phenylalanine for aluminum wet dust removal systems”, RSC Advances, 2018, 8, 41308-41316.
- K. Xu, Y. Wang, R. Shen, Q. Wang, “Inhibition of hydrogen production reactions in the wet dust removal system using CeCl3 solutions”, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2018, 43(31), 14859-14865.
- B. Wang, H. Park, K. Xu, Q. Wang, “Prediction of lower flammability limits of blended gases based on quantitative structure-property relationship”, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2018, 132(2), 1125-1130.
- J. Chen, J. Wang, B. Wang, Q. Wang, “An experimental study of visibility effects on evacuation speed on stairs”, Fire Safety Journal, 2018, 96, 189-202.
- B. Wang, L. Zhou, K. Xu, Q. Wang, “Prediction of minimum ignition energy from molecular structure using quantitative structure-property relationship (QSPR) models”, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 2017, 56(1), 47-51.
- P. Joshi, P. Bikini, Q. Wang, “Consequence analysis of accidental release of supercritical carbon dioxide from high pressure pipelines”, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 2016, 55, 166-176.